Free shipping in U.S.A !!!
Dark chocolate nonpareils
Dark chocolate nonpareils are a confection that has been enjoyed for centuries. These premium dark chocolate discs are coated in crunchy white sprinkles on one side. Enjoy them as a treat to satiate your chocolate desire, or use them as a decoration for elegant cakes, charming gingerbread houses, and more.
There are approximately 110 dark chocolate nonpareils in a 1 lb. bag.
What are Nonpareils?
Traditionally, nonpareils referred exclusively to tiny round sprinkles made from sugar and starch. In French, the term nonpareils means “without equal” and it was named as such because the candy was believed to be better than the rest. Today, the term nonpareils also refers to dark chocolate nonpareils – smooth dark chocolate discs covered in classic nonpareil sprinkles – like the ones on this page.
History of Nonpareils
The first known use of nonpareils was in the 18th century when an American wedding cake was decorated with the confection. By the 19th century, colored nonpareils became popular throughout the U.S. The original nonpareils eventually sparked the rise of sprinkles, which are characterized as being oblong and soft, as opposed to round and brittle like nonpareils.
Ways to Enjoy Dark Chocolate Nonpareils
1) Chocolaty Trail Mix: Whip up a standard trail mix of your favorite nuts, and dried fruit, but substitute the chocolate chips for these dark chocolate nonpareils.
2) Nonpareil Cookies: Press a nonpareil into the top of freshly baked cookies, immediately upon removing them from the oven.
3) Cake Decorations: Bake and frost a cake of your choice. Beginning at the base of the cake, gently press these nonpareils into the sides of the cake. Continue working around the cake, and repeat with additional layers until you reach the top.
4) Holiday Decorations: Start with a foam cone, and hot-glue dark chocolate nonpareils around it to achieve a wintry look. The cone can be displayed in a decorative pot.
5) Gingerbread House: Decorate a snowy gingerbread house with these nonpareil discs. They can be used to complete a roof, or even as a walkway leading up to a front door.
6) Anytime Treat: Although they’re hard to find in stores, you can always buy nonpareils from Nuts.com. Enjoy them straight from the bag when your next chocolate craving hits!